You can choose from an assortment of hair accessories to find something that appeals to you, or make your own with common household materials! Here is a list of the most popular types of hair decoration:
·Hair pins (Clips) – They hold strands of your hair in place. They are usually very thin and can be used to hold simple styles like a bun, or more complicated ones like a French braid.
· Barrettes – They are similar to clips but have teeth that grip the hair better. These are good for thick hair because they won’t slide out easily, especially when paired with an elastic band.
·Combs – Combs are often used to achieve sleek, straight hair or for adding volume. They can also be paired with ponytail holders to gather strands of hair together’
·Bobby pins – The most common kind of bobby pin is 7cm long and has a U-shaped bottom. Bobby pins are used to hold the hair in place temporarily. They last for a few hours at most
·Headbands – They keep all strands of your hair away from your face, giving you a polished look
·Hair pins (Clips) – They tighten or loosen ponytails. The number of ponytail holders you need depends on the thickness and length of your hair.
·Hairspray – They keep your hairstyle in place by altering the shape of your hair’s protein strands. It also smells nice!
These common household items can be used to make creative and unique hair accessories:
· Bobby pins, safety pins, and straight pins
· Liquid starch (water-soluble)
· Toothpicks, skewers, or matchsticks
· Pipe cleaners (paper straws can work too!)
· Glue gun/glue sticks/super glue gel/tacky glue